MASSHIRE-NORTH SHORE CAREER CENTER
Upskilling Navigator Career Coach
(Application for this position may be found a the end of this post)
The Upskilling Navigator will facilitate the recruitment, screening, and enrollment of Career Center customers into ARPA-funded upskilling training programs. This program is centered on providing advanced skill training and education to enable customers to reach their employment objectives in regional priority industries.
The Upskilling Navigator will recruit customers for training programs through creative methods, evaluate customers’ eligibility for specific programs using expert judgement, and provide support and guidance to enrolled customers to ensure successful program completion and job placement.
The Upskilling Navigator will establish and maintain relationships with training providers, Market Makers (ARPA-funded regional business liaisons), and other stakeholders in the workforce development system to ensure successful collaboration.
*Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Ensure that all program compliance measures are met as defined in the ARPA funding performance standards
- Strong knowledge/understanding of case management and counseling theories/techniques
- Being able to form meaningful connections and deliver outstanding coaching and advice to Career Center customers with diverse backgrounds is essential
- Must possess both creative and critical thinking skills
- Effective listening and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret complex laws, rules, and regulations is necessary
- Job search, resume writing, interviewing, and professional soft skills
- Working with individuals from underserved populations
- Demonstrated experience in counseling, human resources, social services, education, employment counseling, or a related field
The Upskilling Navigator will:
- Recruit, enroll, set goals, monitor progress, and provide follow-up for all participants in the Career Technical Initiative (CTI) programs
- Collaborate with regional team members, including vocational training providers, Career Center Business Services Representatives, Market Makers, and Workforce Boards
- Be responsible for a variety of workforce development activities including recruitment, intake, assessment, eligibility determination, case management, enrollment, counseling, education/employment placement, and follow-up of program participants and making referrals to other community service agencies as needed
- Assist students in overcoming barriers to success by connecting them to supportive services at local area partners and in the North Shore region, including the services of the MassHire-North Shore Career (MHNSCC) and MassHire-North Shore Workforce Board (MHNSWB) as appropriate
- Assist workforce and/or academic programs for CTI participants, interact with workforce and training vendors and partners, support initiatives identified by the MHNSWB and assist the Program Manager in all CTI-related matters
- Be proficient in (or be able to learn) the administration of assessment tools including Transitional Occupational Relationship Quotient (TORQ), O*NET, and other tools and resources as needed
- Be able to learn and utilize multiple databases for data entry and customer tracking and monitoring
- Perform other services as required
- Work in an integrated office environment with colleagues from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Division of Career Services
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with two years of work experience in employment and training or a combination of an Associate degree and extensive (three or more) years of related employment/occupational counseling experience
- Experience working with a diverse customer base from multiple community organizations
- *Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods of time; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
The Upskilling Navigator Reports to the Deputy Director OR the Career Coaching Lead of the MassHire-North Shore Career Center.
Days and Hours:
Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm (full-time 37.5-hour work week)
Masshire-North Shore Career Center is an open-floor workplace and currently has a hybrid work model. Some travel, evening work, and Saturday work may be required. Earned time off is available and flexible.
Grade 16 salary: step one/beginning salary: $60.000.00
The City of Salem’s complete benefits package includes medical and dental coverage; vacation, sick and personal leave; retirement plan.
- Collaboration – Power of partnership and streamlined integration of services to achieve effective and timely results for our Masshire-North Shore Career Center customers
- Respect – Commit to understanding and valuing the diverse and unique requirements and professional goals of the businesses and people we serve
- Reliability – Create trust and reliability by consistently delivering high-quality professional services at each location and at every interaction
- Ingenuity – Leverage flexibility, expertise, and knowledge to successfully meet our mission, regardless of new challenges and circumstances that may arise
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,924.12 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Salem, MA 01970: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person
OTHER POSITIONS WITH MASSHIRE ===> HERE
Interested Candidates may complete the following form below.